Oxfam's officials said that Haiti sex scandal could cost the charity up to €100 million

Posted by hougansydney.com on Sunday, March 18, 2018 Under: Humanitarian
Related image

Oxfam’s officials indicate that the British based charity could loose up to 100 million Euros, they told British officials at Whitehall.

Since the British newspaper, the Times, published its investigative story showing how the non-profit organization covered up sexual abuses and misconducts of some of its most senior employees in Haiti following a devastating earthquake in 2010. Thousands have cancelled their regular payment donations. They are furious that aid workers sexually exploited victims of Haiti’s earthquake.

The United Kingdom has since put on hold Its €32 million funding for the charity.
The Haitian government, last month also temporarily  suspended Oxfam’s license to operate in the country.

In : Humanitarian 



eXTReMe Tracker