Posted by hougansydney.com on Monday, February 27, 2017 Under: Crimes
The former deputy of the southwestern coastal town of Léogâne, Jean Baptiste Anthony Dumont has surrendered to police after he was accused of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old child.
The former deputy voluntarily surrendered to the police last week end, following a report by the National Network for the Defense of Human Rights, (RNDDH) that said it has in its possession a video of Jean Baptiste Anthony Dumont sexually assaulting the child of a woman whom the former official was having an affair with.
Dumont said that he has surrendered to the Police before any warrant was issued against him so he could prove his innocence.
Dumont, who has since remained in custody, has denied all the allegations and accused the woman of a conspiracy against him.