Your SEO optimized title

   

Oxfam Haiti scandal: Suspects 'physically threatened' witnesses


A full copy of Oxfam’s final internal report into allegations of sexual misconduct and other unacceptable behavior during Oxfam’s humanitarian response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake has been made public today.

Oxfam, which has been going through a public relations nightmare since the British newspaper the Times published an explosive investigative story showing how some of the organization's staff used donated money to paid for "orgies" with prostitutes in Haiti and some of them may had been under age, is finally publishing the report written in 2011, "in order to be as transparent as possible about the decisions made during the investigation and in recognition of the breach of trust that has been caused." according to a press note on the official Oxfam's website

Mario Andresol, who served as Haiti's police chief from 2005 to 2012 and under three different Presidents, doesn’t think that the fire which destroyed the Iron Market of Port-au-Prince on the night of February 12th to the 13th, was accidental.  Based on his experience as head of the Police, Mr Andresol suspects foul play.

Image result for Jovenel mOise interview

Haiti’s president said on Friday that sexual misconduct by staff of British charity Oxfam was only the tip of an “iceberg” and called for investigations into Doctors Without Borders and other aid organizations which came to the country after its 2010 earthquake.
“The Oxfam case is the visible part of the iceberg,” President Jovenel Moise said:“It is not only Oxfam, there are other NGOs (non-governmental organizations) in the same situation, but they hide the information internally.”


As Haitians were dancing and celebrating the biggest cultural event in their country on the night of February 12, 2018, a major fire was simultaneously devastating the Iron Market, one the most recognizable landmarks of Port-au-Prince.

The raging fire nearly destroyed everything on its path, leaving behind significant damage at the biggest public market in Haiti.

Image result for oxfam Haiti

The Haitian government could revoke British charity Oxfam's right to operate in the disaster-stricken Caribbean island, a senior government official said, potentially deepening the crisis that has engulfed the troubled NGO.
Oxfam is under threat of losing its British government funding over sexual misconduct accusations in Haiti and Chad. Senior staff have already left the charity, and the threat of losing its right to operate in Haiti heaps pressure on Oxfam.

Related image

The Minister of National Education, Pierre Josué Agénor Cadet, revealed to the press last week that more than 72 million gourdes of "zombies checks" have been recovered from his ministry.
This important money recovery was made possible thanks to a thorough investigation carried out by the MENFP at the level of the staff, said Mr. Cadet.  Since lat year, many important ministries and other institutions have made public announcement about "zombie checks" discovered within their agencies.


Actualités

En Français                                

Alors que les Haïtiens dansaient et célébraient le plus grand événement culturel de leur pays dans la nuit du 12 février 2018, un incendie majeur dévastait simultanément le marché du fer, l'un des monuments les plus reconnaissables de Port-au-Prince.
Le feu qui faisait rage a presque tout détruit sur son passage, laissant derrière des dégâts importants dans le plus grand marché public d'Haïti.
Des Haïtiens de toutes croyances, couleurs et classes se rassemblent pour célébrer le fameux carnaval de leur pays. Ce dimanche, Jacmel a été l'une des premières villes haïtiennes à lancer sa fête nationale du carnaval.
Des milliers de personnes ont pris la rue dans la petite ville du sud-est, célèbre pour son paysage, ses belles plages et ses papiers machés colorés; pour danser, boire et célébrer leur patrimoine afro.


Le président Jovenel Moïse, accompagné du Premier ministre, le Dr Jack Guy Lafontant Le vendredi 19 janvier 2018 a officiellement lancé les travaux de construction des ponts de la Croix-des-Missions et de la route Neuve.
La construction de ces ponts à Croix-des-Missions et à Cité Soleil est financée par l'Agence japonaise de coopération internationale (JIPA) pour un montant de 34 345 636,36 $ US.

Vers 1988, le gouvernement haïtien déposa une plainte auprès des autorités américaine, affirmant que le dictateur déchu avait blanchi les fonds du Trésor en achetant l'appartement Trump Tower 54-K  pour $446 875 en août 1983, en utilisant une compagnie secrète panaméenne appelée Lasa; le jeune homme d'affaires de l'époque, Donald Trump, avait signé le contrat de vente.

Le président Trump a été frustré par les législateurs jeudi dans le bureau ovale quand ils ont remis en place des protections pour les immigrants d'Haïti, du Salvador et des pays africains dans le cadre d'un accord d'immigration bipartite, selon deux personnes informées de la réunion.
"Pourquoi avons-nous tous ces gens des pays de trou merde qui viennent ici?" Trump a déclaré, selon ces personnes, se référant aux pays africains et Haïti. 
eXTReMe Tracker
a

Haitians of all creed and classes are coming together, to celebrate their country’s famed carnival. This Sunday, Jacmel was one of the first Haitian cities to launch its national carnival celebration.
Thousands of people took to the street in the small south east city, famous for its landscape, beautiful beaches and its colorful paper machés; to dance, drink, and celebrate their afro heritage.

Image result for Dominican minister of environment Francisco Domínguez

Dominican Environment Minister, Francisco Dominguez, sounded the alarm Friday over the possible lack of water in Haiti due to drought, deforestation and the recent plan of the Dominican republic to build a dam upstream of the Artibonite’s river; Haiti’s longest.



Haiti celebrate their victory

Haïti a marqué l'histoire le dimanche 28 janvier, obtenant pour la première fois une place dans la grande cour de la Coupe du Monde Féminine U-20 de la FIFA. Les Haïtiens ont vaincu l'équipe canadienne 1-0 dans le match pour la troisième place au Championnat féminin U-20 de la CONCACAF 2018, qui a été joué dans le camp de Couva à Trinité-et-Tobago.